You are currently browsing the daily archive for February 23, 2008.
1. Stay up late the night before. Recommendations for inducing late nightage include blogging and/or dithering with your faceboook profile (i.e. doing nothing of any value whatsoever).
2. Get up late.
3. Report later than usual to work (in response to directive from supervisor, and unlike all other carriers at post office).
4. Case lots of mail. Slowly. Try to go faster resulting in spillage of coffee and dropping of multiple handfuls of mail on floor.
5. Forget to pull a series of slots from mail case. Any number of forgotten slots will work, as long as they are at the point on the route that is farthest from the PO.
6. Do not remember forgotten stops until you arrive at first of them.
7. Skip forgotten stops and finish route as normal, only slower due to shock, disbelief, and eventually anger at forgetting mail.
8. Head back to PO, pick up forgotten mail and drive to farthest point on the route from PO.
9. Deliver forgotten mail.
10. Head back to PO to finish work for the (successfully lengthened) day.
The above is an absolutely foolproof way to turn a relatively short day into a maddeningly long one. Try it sometime!